Multi-purpose optical sensor for gas and bio sensing
Mach-Zehnder interferometer assisted ring resonator sensor (MARC) to generate unique interferometer spectrum along with ring response.
Benefits of MARC
- Large dynamic range, without compromising on sensitivity
- Unique spectral signatures enabling multiplexing of sensors
- Versatile sensing applications
- Low cost, narrow-band tunable laser (thermally controlled) and one/two detector system
- Low production cost, CMOS compatible
- Has potential for miniaturization in the order of a matchbox.